Friday, 19 December 2014

Birthdays, School and Vacation

I'm going to keep this one short and simple

Picture source: http://images.all-free-download.com/ and edited by me.

First of all, today is my birthday (yay?) and despite it being so, it was rather uneventful. Nothing amazing or terrible happened and I suppose I'm thankful for that. I'm thankful that I am still alive for another year, to enjoy this short life we are all living in. I don't really celebrate birthdays anymore but to all those who wished me in social media, thank you so much for your kind messages. (^_^)

Secondly, I finished my first term of my IB course in New Cairo British International School just yesterday.

It's been one heck of a roller coaster ride, even more so than my two years combined for my IGCSEs in IISM. So many things happened in the past 4 months. There were lots of exciting events and fun days, but there was also a lot of monotonous school-work and homework to get through. The studying was much more intensive than in IGCSEs. There were very few days when I have zero homework or any school-related things to do at home. There were research, projects, essays, note-writing, test revisions and planning for all of the 7 different subjects that I study for and it takes a lot of commitment and determination to keep going with such a workload. I'm not struggling just yet, but unfortunately it could get rather stressful, especially when I end up getting work from 6/7 different subjects at once. Hopefully, God-willing, this vacation will help me rest from all this chaos and prepare myself for the school again.

Thirdly, as I said already, I'm on vacation!!!
Because of this, I am flying off to Luxor with the rest of my family members here for a Nile cruise for 5 days. It will last from 20th of December (Saturday) until 25th (Thursday). The trip will include lots of visits to Ancient Egyptian temples and relaxing river-bank watching along the way, so wish me luck! I will try to write about this here on my blog and post lots of photos about it. Until then, see ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment