Saturday, 31 January 2015

New Posts for January @WordPress

This month is phonomenal in that I have published 9 new posts for АЎР-IaATR Blogger and WordPress. It is the most I have ever posted in a month ever in my blog and I really want to keep this momentum going. Four of the new published posts are currently only found in my WordPress blog, so the point of this post will be to provide links to those posts here.

23rd January 2014

The Versatile Blogger Award


It has been a little more than about a week since I first switched sides to join the WordPress family. All week I’ve been spending my free time fiddling around with my blog’s appearance and settings to make it more reader-friendly. I hope you like the way it looks now, because it’s likely that it’ll stay that way.

Last week on, my best blogging friend ASpaceWithin nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award! Thank you so much! I never expected to be nominated so soon :P. I never got nominated before in my old Blogger blog, so I was a little clueless at first on what to do. I had a read of ASpaceWithin’s post about her award after her nomination, but I felt like it wasn’t enough to understand what this blog really means. Continue reading →

25th January 2014

“Perhaps weekly posts aren’t enough… Hmm…”


I promised myself before to publish a new post each weekend so that I could be a consistent blogger worthy of global attention. For most part I kept to this promise and posted something on Friday or Saturday, the weekend days here in Egypt. However today, I realised that many successful bloggers here publish on an almost daily basis – ranging from a post a day to even a post every several hours.

I follow quite a few blogs here but each time I look into my news feed, I’d have 6 to 14 new posts each day calling out to me. I make the effort to look into what new stuff are in store – maybe an uplifting inspirational story or a travel journal to a far-away land. The thing is though, I often see the same names popping up in my reader feed and they are the most prolific – posting about 2 to 7 posts a day. With the amount they post each day, it would be impossible for me to catch up with every single post.

As a loyal follower, I hope I am not expected to read everything. But what if I am in the place of that blogger – the one who has around hundreds of followers on WordPress and beyond, whose readers expect a regular serving of fresh written entertainment? What if I had that pressure on me to keep going and to produce quality pieces all the time? Continue reading →

28th January 2014

A Character Profile of Jay Gatsby – The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald


Last school term, my class studied The Great Gatsby as part of the Literature component of the course. A novel written by F. Scott Fitzgerald, the book is renowned for its faithful portrayal of the lifestyle of the upper-class American society during the 1920s. I don’t want to bore you with the details of the plot, you could read the book yourself to find out.

I was tasked with creating a characted profile of Gatsby based around the accounts from different characters in the first three chapters of the book. There was a lot of intended vagueness, mystery and contradiction around his character which was deliberately done to reveal the plot in the story. Without further rambling, let us begin the analysis. Continue reading →

31st January 2014

Learn New Languages At Your Own Pace Using Duolingo


As an aspiring polyglot, I am constantly trying to find new ways to learn languages in a way that is convenient, simple and fun. School has been a liability to my progress, since a lot of my focus and effort has to be shfited to that. Nevertheless, my prayers have been answered when I stumbled upon Duolingo, a website specifically catered to learning foreign languages from scratch!

The interface is user-friendly and appealing for children and adult learners alike. Duolingo gives a series of ‘skills’ starting from basic words and phrases to more complex sentence building and vocabulary. These skills are then further divided into a series of short exercises. To answer the exercises, you would primarily rely on translation from that language to English (or vice versa), listening then typing, listening then translating and reading the words yourself in that language using a microphone. It’s really simple – you’ll be familiar with it in no time. As you progress in the exercises, you get levelled up as your knowledge in your language increases. Right now, I am a Level 4 German and a Level 2 French. Continue reading →

2 comments:

  1. [ Smiles ] Great! You have been busy! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Renard. :) I try my best to keep going.

      Delete