Wednesday, 8 April 2015

New Posts for March and April on WordPress!

It's been ages since I updated here on Blogger...

I feel kind of guilty now, because I did promise in the past to give equal treatment to both my WordPress and Blogger blogs. I was supposed to simultaneously post anything on both sites, but laziness got the best of me. Sorry :(

I think from now on, I'll have to change my tactics, because posting the same content on both sites is really time-consuming. It's not just a matter of copying and pasting, but also changing the format, HTML, tweaking the images - it's all just too much!

I will treat this blog as a "secondary" blog where I will post stuff, just not as regularly. I will also announce updates of any important news and WordPress posts here to redirect as much of my audience to my WordPress site. Over there, non-bloggers will have a better way of keeping up with my blog because they could follow via e-mail. Google did not put in place anything other than just a Google Plus account.

Without further ado, if you are not a visitor of my WordPress blog, here are the things you missed for March and April:

Yes, I have realised that today is the 31st of March. This is the first and last post for this month. For the sake of not letting one whole month fly by without a post, I decided to make sure to have something typed up and served for this month and to explain a little about my disappearance.
As I have mentioned in my previous post in February, I am a busy man. I have many commitments in school and life here and I can't afford to forgo these commitments for the sake of this blog. I have set my priorities, and my blog isn't something that will directly determine my future, such as whether I will be entering the university of my choice, or whether I'll be getting better grades...(READ MORE HERE)

5th April 2014

72 Hours in Antalya: Now Officially My Favourite City in Turkey! (Part 1)

20150221_085040

Last February, I travelled to Turkey for a very short but satisfying holiday to the southern coastal city of Antalya! Before going, I didn’t know that there were so many attractions to offer to tourists. I thought people only came for the beaches, since it’s way down south and all. I’ve visited Istanbul and Bursa in 2010 and we were mainly visiting historical and cultural attractions there. After having visited the famous Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia and Topkapı Palace, I thought that it is a second-class tourist destination compared to Istanbul. How wrong I was! In fact, Antalya amazed me with its wealth of activities and hisotrical landmarks all wrapped up in a picturesque location, making it a perfect four-day getaway for our family. Since I am a huge history geek and an architecture enthusiast, there were so much for me to marvel in this lovely little city which stole my heart. Read more to know my full itinerary and the best places to visit in Antalya!


7th April 2014

72 Hours in Antalya: Now Officially My Favourite City in Turkey! (Part 2)

The following is a section of the middle of the article:
20150222_092505
While we as a family were on our way out of Kaleiçi to the tram station, we chose to walk a different street from where we walked yesterday. We ended up in front of this mosque right here. We stopped because someone had to go to the bathroom. It was not yet prayer time.
FYI; I didn't actually remember the name of the mosque. I didn't see a sign bearing the mosque's name in the photo, nor did I remember seeing a sign at all. After doing some (unsuccessful) Google searches and loading Antalya on Google Earth, only then I found out that the name is İmaret Mosque.
The mosque looked a little modern to be an Ottoman-era mosque from the 17th or 18th century, so I think it is more recently built. This mosque, like any other mosques in Turkey in general, share common Ottomaneque features. A central dome, usually tiled blue, and a sharp, piercing minaret that looks like a tip of a pencil is present in the traditional look for any mosque in Turkey. Sometimes I wish we have more of that architectural style in Malaysia...


Yesterday and the two days before yesterday I posted about my little escapade to Antalya, Turkey. I must be the luckiest globe-trotting expatriate in the world that month. Within less than a week after returning from that holiday, I travelled to Cyprus for a week-long expedition trip organised by my school! Luckily for me, I had already written about some my experiences for my school’s newsletter, so why re-invent the wheel right? Here is what we all did back then: (CLICK TO READ MORE)



During our 3 day hike, I decided to sing songs to pass time and forget about the pain and exhaustion we were going through. For some reason, the song “All About That Bass” came up in my head and stuck, so I decided to make a parody of it based on the whole camping and hiking experience. The lyrics of “All About That Pace” are truly based upon what we all had gone through in the trip. We did actually get lost on our first day and thought it was like hell on Earth, but the Gold Team had an even worse time by getting lost more often than our Silver Group! (READ MORE HERE)

3 comments:

  1. [ Smiles ] Hmm. I was under the impression that you abandoned this blog.

    It is nice to see that it is still active and please do not neglect it for so long again; you do not want your readers to forget about this blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness I'm so sorry I gave you that false impression. (>w<) I will try to keep up again. Again, I apologise :(

      Delete
    2. [ Smiles ] Apology accepted!

      Delete