Thursday, 9 April 2015

Today’s Travel to Tulip Country



I'm ashamed that I couldn't think of a better title; cheesy alliteration is cheesy. It's six in the morning and I'm supposed to be getting ready for my flight at ten. I'm a little low on creative juice right now so please bear with me.

So I told you all last March that I will be spending my Easter/Spring holidays in Amsterdam in the Netherlands. I am actually really super excited about this, not only because I get to go to a new country to add to the list of countries I have visited, but also due to our trip's itenerary. Only a few days ago, I found out that not only we are going to go to Amsterdam as a family, but also we are visiting Brussels in Belgium for a day tour! Wonders will never cease - I'll be adding two countries to my list now!

The our general itenerary is like this:

Today - Flight from Cairo to Amsterdam-Schipol, arrive, check in hotel, do some sightseeing in the evening

Friday - Visiting the Rijksmuseum, Friday prayers in a Dutch-Turkish mosque and taking a cruise in the canals

Saturday - A guided day tour of Keukenhof, a place where lots of tulips are grown in the Dutch countryside

Sunday - A guided tour of Brussels from Amsterdam, including a 3 hour bus trip, visiting the Grand-Place and other Belgian landmarks, return to Amsterdam on the same day

Monday - Flight back home to Cairo

Mind you, I don't exactly know the details in terms of schedules. I trust that my parents know what and where we should be going, because it was really their idea to visit Amsterdam in the first place. I kept suggesting to go to St. Petersburg, Budapest or Vienna but my mother really wanted to see tulip flowers in full bloom in spring. Turkey is another tulip country, it was the country that originally passed on the flowers to the Dutch anyway, but having visited the country twice already, my parents would like something else for a change.

I have all my stuff ready and packed. I printed a sheet of Dutch phrases ready just in case, even though many Dutch people can speak English. Maybe I should print a French phrasebook too, because I haven't polished up my French in a very long time. Hopefully, I will write up a great big article or two about this vacay with lots of pictures just like Antalya for y'all to enjoy. I won't be able to take my laptop with me. Although I'm a little hazy about our activity schedule, I know it will include a whole lot of sightseeing and walking about so I have no time for blog updates there. I will, of course, remain available via social media: Facebook, Twitter and Instagram providing that the hotel has a free and reliable WiFi connection.

I believe that this whole trip will be a blast, just like the trips I had before or maybe even better! I pray for a safe flight for today. See you after five days!

No comments:

Post a Comment